Provenance: Courtesy of the Artist
The paintings of Lisa Corinne Davis have been exhibited in museums and galleries across the United States and Europe, and are included in many collections: The Museum of Modern Art in New York, the J.Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles and the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. Lisa’s work has been reviewed by The New York Times, Art in America and ArtNews. She is the recipient of numerous awards including The Louis Comfort Tiffany grant, a National Endowment for the Arts’ Visual Artist Fellowship, and three New York Foundation for the Arts, Visual Arts Fellowships. In addition, Lisa has taught art for the past twenty five years at Parsons School of Design, Cooper Union School of Art, Yale University, and is currently a Full Professor at Hunter College in New York. She is represented by Spanierman Modern, Miami, FL, Zolla/Lieberman, Chicago, IL, Galerie Gris, Hudson, NY and The Mayor Gallery, London. Lisa lives and works in Brooklyn and Hudson NY.
- 2018, Artist Fellow, Painting, New York Foundation for The Arts
- 2001, The Louis Comfort Tiffany Foundation, 2001 Biennial Artists Awards
- 2000, Artist Fellow, Painting, New York Foundation for The Arts
- 1995/6, National Endowment for the Arts, Visual Artist Fellowship
- 1992, Mid-Atlantic Arts Foundation, Regional Fellowship